Guiding businesses, investors, and governments through the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity created by today’s New Normal of globally ageing populations
We personally assist clients in business, investment and government roles to develop the vision, understanding, creativity and agility required to overcome the challenges created by today’s more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world.
Please click here for details of our new APPLY programme
Sustaining Growth as the West Arrives at the Demographic Cliff
Are you worried about the economic outlook for your company, for your family and for your country? Do you suspect that current policies may be doing more harm than good? Are you interested in exploring a new analysis that focuses on the importance of people, rather than computer-based economic modelling?
This 30 minute video of a keynote presentation by Paul Hodges at a Metal-Pages conference explores:
- Why economic growth will be much slower for the next 20 years.
- Why interest rates will also continue to remain low in the major economies.
- Why policymakers are addressing the wrong issue when they worry about deflation.
- Why China cannot possibly replace the demand being lost in the West.
The blog has been running for 6 years. It looks behind the headlines, offering an independent viewpoint on the economic outlook and global demand trends. Major successes have included forewarning readers of the coming financial crash, and correctly forecasting its imminent arrival in early September 2008.
- China economic rebalancing will take at least 10 years
- 2 dates for the diary
- US fracking demand creates price volatility for hydrochloric acid
- Modi highlights toilets in India’s Independence Day speech
Download the eBook
Written by Paul Hodges and John Richardson, it describes how the ageing of the Western Baby Boomers is changing the global economy.
Download the full ebook (pdf)
BBC – Ageing China
BBC News suggests that “China’s economic model is in danger” due to its rapidly ageing population.